I am very happy to announce that Routine Desktop 0.9 is now available publicly. This release contains a lot of improvements in particular regarding stability and performance, but not only…
🍾 New Features
- A simple user interface has been introduced for creating events.
- Participants: you can now add participants by their email address even if you do not have them in your contacts
- Location: you can enter an address and rely on the auto completion to quickly select an existing physical location
In addition, some improvements have been made to the event properties:
Every edited property is highlighted in blue until you decide if the participants should be notified.
Note this will been further improved in the next release with the ability to discard changes.
...submenu once the task is opened
As a bonus, you can delete tasks when selected with
Other time preferences can be defined in Settings/Preferences.
- Connect to the Routine accounts you are no longer using and delete them: Settings/Advanced
- Log in to the Routine account you are using on a daily basis
- Go to Settings
- Connect all your other Google accounts
Your Google Calendar events are however left untouched! As for your Google Contacts, Routine cannot edit/delete them anymore (see next).
If you had created several Routine accounts in the past and wanted to merge them all, it is now possible:
You can find more information in the knowledge base.
- You may have experienced a bug with Google’s authentication system, mentioning the Routine was not a verified app.
- We reduced the permissions that Routine requires to import your Google Contacts.
- When in an opened event, you can now use
CMD+Jto open the conference call automatically
- Performance of the app has been drastically improved 🎉.
- You can now move an event from one calendar to another one which does not belong to the same Google account
- Buttons have been added in Today and Inbox to add tasks without using the console
- Free/busy calendars are now being imported like any other calendar and events are properly displayed with the
- Events in the Planner now display the parent and the notes icon if there is enough space
- Clicking out of the
Add task...input field now creates the task instead of canceling
- And many bugs were fixed to make the app more reliable…
This issue has since be resolved and was related to the point next.
Previously Routine required full access to your Google Contacts. This was downgraded to read-only access instead.
If you feel it is not good enough yet, do let us know so we can continue improve it!
🎯 Coming Next
We have started working on the following which you will see included in the desktop apps very soon:
- Improved user interface and flow for creating/editing events
- Support for creating/editing recurring events
- Gmail integration
- Improved Notion integration
- Keyboard shortcuts (finally!)
For more information, do not hesitate to refer to the roadmaps and upvote for your favorite features.
🤗 Shout Outs
We cannot thank you enough for all the support and the effort you put in reporting bugs and suggesting features; but also being so understanding of the fact that we are still a small team working tirelessly to build the next generation productivity app.
Fletcher A., Abeshek P. A., ahp, Alex P. Andre, Andrea S., Aryan, Ankur A., Ash I., automatic_pea, Aziz, B-Shee, Benjamin T., boxnewyork, Brian S., Bruno F., chris_edapt, Daniel, danki, David S., Delacruso, Delbert T., deon, diez.fran, Dmitry S., Doc W., duttaoindril, Edgar F., Edouard B., James B., emogil7, Enrico M., FX F., G2e, Gustavo, haveanicedavid, hokaien, Devang M., jgentes, Julia H. F., juscas13, Akihito K., Kayla M., kwondoeon, littlebit, Lorenzo221, Dion, Manoj N., Massey, Mikael T., Mike McD., mynhardt, mzilner, Gaute B., nkejeh, Ogeh E., Orkhan, Pnm901, rajif7, Randy A., ricardoescoelho, robert, s00perpig, Sandro L., sasaki.2145, sathwik, scapeshift, Seth J. G., sweisma2, tatelax, thespindog, Thibaut N., Todd W., user8923, vytautassatas, whon, Kuan-Ting Y, Yousuf A. C.
So far we have been building Routine quietly and closely with you.
It is now time to show the world what Routine is all about. And we need your help!
We would be extremely grateful if you could:
- Write a quick testimonial that will be displayed on the website
- Write an article on your blog or journal (if you are a journalist)
- Post a video on your channel: Youtube, TikTok or else
If you feel like it, let us know, we can help with material if you need.