Today, we are excited to show you what we've been up to for the past few weeks with a complete redesign of the dashboard. A lot more is coming...
🍾 New Features
- A fully-redesigned dashboard has been introduced. It now includes widgets to better indicate how much time you have before your next event.
✂️ Fixes & Improvements
- Tasks in lists (Today, Inbox, Upcoming) have been reworked; with that change come new interactions: clicking a task now selects it, you need to double-click to open it, ticking the box archives the task etc.
- The Agenda view switching to the next day in some conditions has been fixed.
- Long meeting notes were lost in some conditions. It has been fixed.
- The Agenda displayed "Loading" when there were no events. Fixed as well.
Many of you mentioned that they would like to connect multiple calendars to Routine. We obviously intend to add this functionality very soon.
In the meantime, I thought I'd share the method I use to bypass this limitation: sharing all my calendars with my main Google account.
All you need to do is pick one Google account that will act as your main account e.g your professional one. Then, share with this main account your other calendars (from other Google accounts) with all the permissions: "Make changes and manage sharing".
By doing this you end up with all your calendars manageable through a single account. It does not mean the users of your organization (in this example @routine.co) can access those other calendars, they cannot!
Let me know if there are limitations that I am unaware of, maybe due to some specific set ups. I've personally been doing this for the past 10 years. Hope it can be helpful.
🎯 Next Focus
- We will continue to improve the overall experience to reach a consistent state
- A Notion integration is in the works...
- If you have recurring tasks that continue to duplicate, we have a fix coming in the next release. Sorry about that!
🤗 Shout Outs