For the past 6 months, we have been working on redesigning the Routine experience on mobile.
We are very happy to share the result today with Routine Mobile 0.8 for iOS.
🍾 New Features
- The Today screen now features both your tasks and events of the day, very much like on desktop.
- You can navigate between the different screens by swiping left and right.
- You can now assign a date or postpone to a week when capturing a new task.
- You can now browse and operate the tasks from your batches (weekly tasks).
- In addition to opening events to access their notes, you can now do the same with tasks.
- The new mobile app now pulls events from all the calendar of all your accounts.
You can scroll vertically within a day but you can also scroll down to the next day. Or use the date picker bar at the top to navigate to another day.
Tap twice on
Today to schedule to a specific date and twice on
This Week to postpone to later week.
Connecting additional accounts must however still take place on the desktop app (for now).
Note that a few limitations will still apply to the mobile app for the months to come, most specifically:
- The integration-imported tasks are not displayed/operable in the mobile app
- You cannot drag & drop, to block time for instance
- It is not possible to take notes, in events, tasks but also in pages; the only notes-related action available is ticking/unticking checkboxes
Around October, a new version will elevate the iOS experience to the same level as on desktop.
You can save any article, Web page, chat message etc. through iOS’ Share Extension.
Tap the share button, select Routine to save the item in your inbox along with its origin URL for you to easily go back to the source.
🎯 Coming Next
In the “short term”, we will be working on:
- Event notifications
For more information, do not hesitate to refer to the roadmaps and upvote for your favorite features.
🤗 Shout Outs
Sarah, Abraham H., Andrés A., Andrew H., Ash H., Asher H., BlueWater, callmestevie, Carl L., Cathy S., Carlos C., Chris E. ContentGuru, Daniel, danki, Dave K., Dikshant, Marie E., Edward G., eyk, FX F. Jochen, Jacob W., Jake, jermorris, Jessuccess, Josh O., kunalm, Samuel L., leftride, Leon B., Littlebitt, mano, Manoj N., Massey, Matthew M., Miguel O., Michael R., Mihir D., Morten K., Murat O., Nazzareno G., Gaute B., Quentin F., Rob W., RoDeX, romap0, Steffen, tatelax, Ted T., time162, Tirthak P., Tony L., Tom S., uzaxirr, Christoph W., WarwreX, whon, Yves B. and many other we are likely forgetting.