This error occurs because the Google account you want to connect is already used by another Routine account.
You need to “disconnect” that Google account to be able to use it.
email addressas the email address of the Google account you are trying to connect to your
main accountas the Routine account you want to continue using in the future
old accountas the Routine account which uses the
email address(Google account) you are trying to add to your
Please follow the procedure below:
- Log out of Routine
- Log in Routine with your
- Most likely you are not using this account but do check that there is no information worth saving: tasks, pages etc.
- Still connected to your
old account, go to Settings/Advanced
- Click the text Delete your account
- You should automatically get logged out of Routine
- Close the Routine application
- Open your browser and go to your Google Account
- If your browser is connected to multiple Google accounts, make sure this is the Google account associated with
- Once the right Google account (
email address) selected, go to Security
- Scroll down and open Third-party apps with account access
- Click on Routine to expand the section
- Click the REMOVE ACCESS button to reset Routine’s permission on this Google account
- Relaunch the Routine app
- Log in with your
- Go to Settings/Accounts
- Connect the Google account associated with
email addresswhich was failing before
- It should work now! 🎉
It can be accessed directly at this URL: https://myaccount.google.com/
If not, you can switch the account by clicking the avatar at the top right corner.
You can have Routine start at login by doing the following
- Right click on the Routine app icon in your macOS Dock
- Hover over
Optionsin the menu
Open at Login
It often happens that one signed up to Routine using her professional Google account e.g @company.com.
It also happens that you leave a company to work for another one, start your own business or else.
What will happen to your Routine account if you cannot connect to Routine with your old professional Google account?
To prevent this situation from happening, simply
If you have opened the dashboard but you want to quickly check something without losing what you had already typed, simply hide the dashboard and resume when you want.
Open the dashboard (with
⎵), start typing in the console, and hit
⎵ once more to hide the dashboard. Then, re-open the dashboard (with
⎵ again), and the text you had started typing is still there 🎉.