The Inbox Zero concept, invented by Merlin Mann, consists of regularly reaching a state in which all incoming items have been processed, sorted, categorized, etc.
Not only does the method lead to a great rewarding moment in which you feel like you're in control, it more importantly forces you to take a decision on items that have been hanging in your inbox for some time.
This act of making a decision is often what you need to get it done, following the a.k.a the 80/20 rule.
Be it for an inbox of emails or tasks, the same process is applied. For every task in your inbox, go through the following steps:
- 🧽 If the task is no longer relevant, mark it as “won’t do” (
- ✅ If the task takes less than 2 minutes to perform, do it right away and mark it as done (
- 📅 If you already know when this task needs to be completed, schedule it (
L) for a specific day
- ⏰ If you do not know exactly when to work on this task, postpone it (
P) to a later week to reconsider it
- 🔄 Repeat this process until you reach Inbox Zero
We recommend performing the actions above through the