The Inbox Zero concept, invented by Merlin Mann, consists of regularly reaching a state in which all incoming items have been processed, sorted, categorized, etc.
Not only does the method lead to a great rewarding moment in which you feel like you're in control, it more importantly forces you to take a decision on items that have been hanging in your inbox for some time.
This act of making a decision is often what you need to get it done, following the a.k.a the 80/20 rule.
Be it for an inbox of emails or tasks, the same process is applied. For every task in your inbox, go through the following steps:
- 🧽 If the task is no longer relevant, ignore it (
- ✅ If the task takes less than 2 minutes to perform, do it right away and mark it as done (
- 📅 If you already know when this task needs to be completed, schedule it (
L) for a specific day
- ⏰ If you do not know exactly when to work on this task, postpone it (
P) to a later week to reconsider it
- 🔄 Repeat this process until you reach Inbox Zero
We recommend performing the actions above through the to get used to them and be more efficient in the future.Keyboard shortcuts
Something missing? Send us a message by email, chat (see
) or through the app.